The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for strategic, tactical, and operational quality planning. The Quality Assurance Manager will work closely with managers and teams to define and implement strategies to guarantee the quality of our software. This individual will set up best-in-class operations while leading and managing a team of highly-motivated QA Analysts and Engineers that will guarantee results and operate in short-release cycles. This person is accountable for end-user confidence, multiple systems testing, and the relationship between the QA organization and its technology partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Transform traditional QA function to progressive test automation environment
- Strategize and implement the latest and innovative software QA technologies and tools to enable for dynamic and fast-paced implementation
- Managing the software quality assurance program
- Automate manual regression test bed for legacy software
- Selects and utilizes tools and methodologies to ensure that defects in the software are identified as early in the development lifecycle
- Provide thought leadership that leads to software quality process improvements
- Review requirements and setup test strategy to ensure tests will be traceable to requirements
- Define best practices for the development, documentation, execution, and maintenance of clear, concise test cases, plans, scripts, and procedures
- Leads and supports process improvement activities
- Provides training and guidance on the requirements of the quality assurance program and quality requirements.
- Ensures that assigned testing teams work together effectively and that the testing function is properly integrated across technological areas (supports end-to-end testing)
- Actively participates in retrospective(s) with peer group to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Drive the functional automation process with the Automation engineers and the QA team
- Contributes to the development of technical standards and procedures at the division level. Works with development managers and senior leaders to influence systems design and development, to properly account for testing needs.
- Build KPI’s for their team and the development cycle, monitors / reports on these KPI’s
- Define and track quality automation metrics
- Mentor/train team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other technically related field preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ software testing experience, including analysis, writing test cases, developing and running automation and previous lead/management experience.
- Proven experience with web and business enterprise applications’ development life cycles
- Hands on experience with Agile testing best practices
- Passion for excellence in QA, advancing QA capabilities, Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery
- DevOps Experience
- Experience developing and executing SQL scripts for test data mining and application validations
- Demonstrated experience in defining QA automation road maps
- Ability to participate in the shaping of the team's focus and vision
- Is flexible, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and operates well in a team setting
- Ability to contextualize testing activities against business strategy and technical delivery.
- Familiar with new innovative trends or tools in the QA industry, with an ability to drive innovation across teams.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate good leadership by providing an objective, high energy, consistent work ethic that promotes respect for the individual.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentoring skills combined with flexibility working in a dynamic, fast moving, and fast-growing product development environment.
- Collaborative but decisive personal style - highly effective communicator and problem solver.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while driving resolution and getting results.
- Strong desire and experience in owning and driving process changes, especially cross-departmentally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize and explain complex and technical concepts to executives
We’re award winners:
- Best Place to Work Top 10 – Dallas Business Journal
- National Entrepreneurs of the Year – EY
- Fastest Growing Company in DFW – SMU
We take health seriously:
- On-site gym with Peloton Cycle and daily group classes
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Healthy Foods and Snacks
- Wellness Program and Insurance Premium Discounts
- Nicotine Free Workplace
We value our employees:
- All employees use VARIDESK products
- Enhanced Paternity / Maternity Programs
- Three weeks of Personal Time Off a year
- Up to five days of time off for Volunteering
- Offsite Events and Happy Hours
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Premiums Covered at 100% by VARIDESK
- 401k Plan with employer match