DesignPac company was founded in 1991 and is based in Melrose Park, Illinois. As of April 30, 2008, DesignPac Gifts, LLC operates has been part of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. Our team at DesignPac designs, assembles, and distributes gourmet food gifts to retail customers nationwide. The company offers candies, wines and spirits, and seasonal products.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for being the point person for customer QA needs, ensuring that all required products are sent to testing labs, overseeing the inspection process of incoming production samples, managing 3rd Party's performing overseas product inspections as required and being knowledgeable of the Global Food Safety Initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage and oversee the Food Safety Plan at DesignPac, including the SQF System & food safety fundamentals.
* Taking appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the Food Safety System.
* Managing up and communicating to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety System.
* Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP based food safety system
* Meet all Quality Assurance deadlines for both internal & external customers & stakeholders
* Ensuring that required products are sent to 3rd Party labs for testing labs for approval before production of product begins by supplier
* Maintain tracking system for all QA projects to ensure they are being performed in a timely manner and that the results are accurate and communicated promptly.
* Reports to the Director of Quality Assurance, Midwest Food Division of 1-800-Flowers.com, Inc.
* Communicate with customers and DesignPac employees pertinent information/procedures that have changed or been added by customers
* Maintain all required procedures specific to customer accounts
* Follow up with suppliers on required tasks and documents.
* Ensure all reusable production samples meet DesignPac specifications
* Attend internal process meetings
* Ensure all food production samples meet DesignPac specifications
* Maintain tracking system for all QA products to ensure they are being tested in a timely manner and that results are forthcoming promptly
* Manage & develop two Quality Assurance Coordinators
* Up to 5% of job may require travel
* 4 Year College Degree in Food Science, Biology or the Sciences
* 5 years experience in Quality Assurance industry with at least 2 years of leadership experience
* Proficient with Excel
* Excellent communication skills verbally and in written form, written communications must be concise and easily understood
* Calm, tactful and helpful demeanor at all times when dealing with customers
* Great organizational abilities
* High energy for fast-paced environment
* Ability to switch gears quickly as needs of business require
* Has completed a HACCP training course
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled