With more than 40 years of experience, family-owned Pacific Cheese is proud to be known as the industry leader and innovator. We are a growing manufacturing and distribution company committed to providing every customer with a specialized combination of products and services that best supports its unique needs. We have plants located in California, Nevada and Texas and we are seeking energetic, creative, and responsible individuals to join our team. We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager.
Position Summary: Manages quality programs and preventive control programs for the company at the Reno factory. Acts as SQF Practioner for site. Provides and oversees QA technical support to multiple departments and operations within the facility. Ensures QA department meets compliance, customer, and company requirements including department goals and objectives.
- Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
- Directly supervises Quality Assurance Supervisor, including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate test schedules, costs and resources.
- Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments, audits and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
- Troubleshoots quality issues that affect quality performance of all products.
- Acts as liaison between Operation personnel and quality assurance team in meeting with all established programs.
- Establishes and maintains policy for documentation/record keeping of all products.
- Assures the review of documentation before is sent out to external customers.
- Manages all quality-related internal and external audits, including customers, SQF, and other third parties for the Reno facility.
- Assures an effective HACCP / Food Safety Plan is in place with an active and functional Food Safety Team.
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Maintains product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
- Manages quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Investigates customer complaints, and analyzes customer feedback to improve the quality and performance of the organization.
- Understands to a high level all operational phases of the company to better implement new programs and manage all process controls effectively.
- Monitors and audits Quality Programs for effectiveness.
- Orchestrates the delivery of Quality Programs to different departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment, and be familiar with quality assurance principles, statistics, HACCP and SQF standard. Must be experienced working with computers and designated software programs as required to perform job functions. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and the organization. Must be able to supervise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline (Dairy/Food science preferred), with 5-10 plus years of work experience in food industry. At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
Work is normally performed in an office interior. Requires extensive sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. With occasional work in the warehouse/production areas where the temperature is as low as 32 degrees, low environmental temperature levels. Noise level in the production environment may require use of hearing protection. Requires standing for long periods of time, walk, frequent lifting of material up to 50 pounds and frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Travel requirement ~25%.
Pacific Cheese offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in applying for this position or finding out about other available positions please review our website at www.pacificcheese.com.
Pacific Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state or local laws.