|Quality Assurance Manager|
|San Antonio, TX|
|You may not know the Bakkavor name, but you may know our food. At Bakkavor, we produce a highly innovative array of private label, fresh prepared products for the top grocery retailers and food service operators. Whether its soups, dips, desserts, prepared meals or specialty holiday items; we provide healthy, convenient and delicious options for people who don’t believe in compromising even when life is hectic.|
We are a leading international manufacturer of fresh prepared foods with over 18,000 employees across 48 sites in 5 countries. Our employees’ dedication to the highest standards of food quality and safety coupled with our commitment to our customer, have positioned us well for continued growth and expansion. Join us on our journey from the farm to the fork.
Manages the implementation and compliance to food safety programs and quality systems to ensure our products, systems and facilities meet the requirements of our customers, and comply with applicable Federal, State and Local Regulatory Agencies. Holds the responsibility to serve as a liaison with other teams within the Company to share best practice learning with the group and to ensure that at all times the Company standards are maintained.
1. Flexibility/ Adaptability /Multitasking
3. Job Knowledge
4. Detail driven
5. Mentoring and Coaching
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
• Implementation and management of food safety programs and customer requirements at site level.
• Review of paperwork to ensure compliance to systems.
• Responsible for quality, micro and food safety, regulatory compliance of the site and adheres to good manufacturing practices audits and accreditation.
• Works with regulatory agencies to resolve issues and point of contact for USDA inspectors.
• Maintains, and monitors quality and food safety KPIs and works cross-functionally to escalate any issues directly with the appropriate manager and Senior Management Team.
• Accomplishes quality assurance/human resources objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees. Communicates job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Validates quality systems by establishing validation and verification programs to demonstrate effectiveness of programs.
• Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions and validations.
• Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professions publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Manages customer/consumer feedback, ensures corrective/preventive actions are derived with a cross functional team to develop continuous improvement plans.
• Oversees project management of special customer requests related to quality and food safety.
• Manages factory facing audits at site level and works with cross functional departments to resolve issues raised at audits.
• Provides support to other site teams in training of Food Safety programs.
• Supports in the recall and business continuity teams where required.
This position directly supervises the QA team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS degree from a 4 year university in food science or related field.
Advanced Food Safety training and HACCP certification required.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the prepared chilled food industry.
Experience in USDA, FDA and Seafood regulations