Michael Page is looking for a dynamic Quality Assurance Manager to join a well established food company located in the heart of Los Angeles, CA.
With over 40 years in the business our client is a strong player within food service distribution here in LA. They offer a wide variety of food products with a focus on high quality items!
As the Quality Assurance Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Safeguarding product safety and quality while meeting Company and regulatory standards
- Oversight responsibility for a continuous quality improvement program that includes quality control and quality assurance.
- Ensuring that the production and distribution of products meets or exceeds all quality standards.
- Communicating quality results and the transfer of quality and QA knowledge to the workforce.
- Manages the operation of the plant laboratory, including ensuring supplies and equipment are available.
- Drives Continuous Improvement efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
- Provides leadership in coaching, education and training of management staff and plant employees for Quality Assurance
- Hire, coach, train and manage all employees for the Quality Assurance team
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years' experience in the food industry, minimum 3+ years' at the Manager level
- Experience working in USDA, FDA, HACCP, SQF etc.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Competitive salary + benefits