PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment casting. Each of the sixteen (16) Airfoils’ locations play an integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components for use in gas turbine engines. PCC’s parts are found on virtually all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas turbine applications in the free world. Our product plays a significant role in the evolution of the lightweight, fuel-efficient engines of the next generation.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. and was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in February 2016. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $10 Billion, employing in excess of 30,000 individuals throughout 150 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
The SMP Operations segment of PCC Airfoils consists of two manufacturing locations - Wickliffe and Eastlake, Ohio. SMP manufactures investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in aerospace and industrial gas turbine engines. Products and systems manufactured in these operations must meet extremely close tolerance limits and adhere to customer specifications. The operations are expanding due to sales volume increase and this provides unique opportunities for career growth and development:
- Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred.
- Personal Characteristics: Accountable for all quality assurance related deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with strong attendance record.
- Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving.
- Have strong sense of urgency.
- Individual must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be able to provide leadership, support, mentoring and development to the Quality Department direct reports and other peer groups.
- Work Experience: Ten (10) or more years’ experience working in a quality control function with expanding management responsibility in an ISO9001/AS9100 certified manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated skills in Lean/Six Sigma, Process Improvement, SPC, Gage R&R, interpretation of customer drawings and specifications, and development of quality systems and employee training procedures.
Principal Area of Responsibility: Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Company’s Quality Management through planning coordination of quality assurance activities. Assures compliance to all customer/company requirements and industry standards. This position is crucial to the success of the organization and requires the ability to effectively interact with all levels of customers, suppliers, and employees. Fosters an environment of compliance and that sustains productivity/profitability.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Company’s Quality Management System AS9100 in compliance with customer and company requirements.
- Actively manage inspection/quality practices to eliminate scrap, escapes and minimize customer returns.
- Review and track all customer quality concerns, concessions, and customer returns to determine appropriate corrective actions. Advise management of all related issues and recommend appropriate improvements.
- Coordinates with engineering, operations, and other company functions to identify root cause for all internal and external non-conformances. Ensure effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Maintain all Quality Assurance records.
- Manage internal and supplier audits, as required by customers and the Company’s Quality Management System.
- Provide leadership and/or support of plant quality and continuous improvement programs, including Six Sigma, SPC and various customer-driven programs.
- Drive cost improvement and productivity initiatives throughout the Quality Assurance and Inspection functions.
- Support and enforces all plant safety requirements and policies.
- Performs related duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document, and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Physical and Mental Demands:
- The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity with tight deadlines.
- Pragmatic and Results Oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analytical, with strong attention to detail.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, employees, suppliers and customers on quality and related issues.