We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA role plays an important part in our company's product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
This position will monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
* Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
* Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
* Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
* Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
* Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
* Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
* Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
* Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
* Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
* Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
* Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
* Monitor debugging process results
* Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
* Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
* Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
* Investigate, define and clarify product backlog items where appropriate
* Understand and contribute to the improvement of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Proactively communicate and risks, design/quality issues or increases in scope/time required.
* Encourage and embody teamwork across teams
* Consistently work in an agile manger and support a culture of quality and continuous improvement
* Drive innovation in the quality discipline by researching and proposing changes to processes and tools
* Operate with a consistent focus on simplicity and ease of use for our customers.
* Protect company proprietary and confidential information
* Other duties as assigned
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, CIS/MIS or a related subject
* 5+ Years of Work Experience
* Proven work experience in software development
* Proven work experience in software quality assurance
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), as well as tools and processes
* Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
* Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
* Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
* Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
* Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
* Experience in a Health Care Insurance enterprise or another Insurance related industry is a plus