Quality Assurance / Quality Control Technician
Webber has an immediate need for a QA/QC Technician to perform duties related to construction materials testing and special inspection, materials sampling and testing.Prior experience, training and certification is preferred, but will be provided upon hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs construction observation, field materials testing for various phases of construction including mass grading, and concrete paving.Preparation of daily field reports, density summaries, compressive strength test reports
Education and Experience:
- 1 to 5 years of experience in construction quality control is preferred
- Soils/Earthwork and Portland Cement Concrete Testing Certification
- Must have valid driver's license
- Familiar with TxDOT (Texas Department of Transportation) Manual of Field Sampling and Testing Procedure
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate
- Familiar with general construction
- Able to read and understand plans and specifications
- Good writing and communication skills
- Nuclear gauge transportation and operation
- General construction site safety precautions
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to lift heavy equipment such as moisture-density gauge (+/- 90 lbs.), use 6 lb. sledge hammer, coring equipment, concrete curing boxes, wheel barrow with concrete, concrete cylinders and carrying 5-gallon buckets of soil/aggregate samples.
- Work is performed primarily outside in construction conditions during all seasons and various weather conditions. Project sites may have uneven terrain, slippery conditions and significant amount of exposure to heavy equipment operating adjacent to employee.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training