Job # 912407
Quality Assurance Specialist | Software Development
Malvern, PA 19355
A client of ours, who is a leader in the healthcare industry, is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist. Candidates should have 4+ years of Quality Assurance experience. If you are interested in this role, please contact Kari Yanni with an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate must possess excellent knowledge of existing Quality Assurance Best Practices and Standards and be able to apply that knowledge to enhancing and maintaining existing HVS QA processes. The candidate must also be able to lead a small team of QA Technicians, if necessary. Evaluates and tests new or modified applications, evaluates software development procedures used to verify applications function according to requirements and established guidelines. Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for application design and product evaluation to ascertain quality of software. Reviews new or modified applications including documentation, diagrams, and flowcharts, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines. May review application logs to identify program processing errors. Tests program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards. May identify differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggest modifications to conform to standards. May conduct compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
- Define and develop new QA Processes
- Improve and evolve existing QA processes using contemporary best practices
- Maintain and expand automated build and test infrastructures for Microsoft .Net environment
- Oversee quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated}.
- Construct and maintain virtual environments to replicate customer deployments for testing
- Participate in design and implementation of software engineering processes, including build and source code
4+ years experience in software and/or program testing.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2008/2015
- Automated build tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven} using MSBuild
- Experience with one or more test automation frameworks, e.g. Microsoft Unit Testing Framework,Selenium, NUnit
- Familiarity with source code management, review procedures, and test metrics
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Automated software installation and configuration experience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience with leading quality initiatives preferred
- C# or C++ with MFC experience is a plus
- Experience working in virtual environments (e.g. VMWare}
- Basic Windows administration, e.g. networking configuration, creating users, Powershell
- Experience with Atlassian source control (Stash/Bitbucket), defect tracking, and build tools
- Familiarity with SQL
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178