Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Reporting to the QA Coordinator, the Quality Specialist provides Quality support to Biscuit Business Units (Cookies and Crackers) by providing Food Safety / Quality expertise. The position is responsible for maintaining plant documentation, which includes the control of quality systems documents (policies, procedures, work instructions, records) and formulas (Optiva, SAP and floor formulas). Assists with implementation and management of the food safety inspection and corrective/preventive action programs. Participate in the commercialization process for new products from special batch phase through new product launch. Investigates plant nonconforming product incidents and consumer complaints, conducting root cause analysis and leading corrective action efforts as assigned. Provides quality training, coaching and awareness to plant employees on critical food safety and quality programs.
Quality support to Business Units (Cookies or Crackers) as outlined below:
- Participate in Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meetings, own meeting action items, collaborate cross-functionally to improve key operational metrics (SPQDC) and addressing Quality concerns and risks.
- Manage and audit documentation critical to quality systems, compliance and formulations.
- Participate in the commercialization process for new products from special batch phase through new product launch.
- Lead and support food safety / quality continuous improvement efforts (complaint reduction, program reassessments, data collection systems, training).
- Participate in food safety inspections and complete corrective/preventive actions related to business Quality programs.
The positions also provides support to key Food Safety / Quality program efforts such as, SQF certification audits, Organic certification, Kosher compliance, internal GAP assessment audits, facility verification / validation activities, prerequisite programs and Food Safety Plan compliance.
- Maintain the plant documentation systems, including the control of quality systems documents and programs (policies, procedures, work instructions, food safety and quality recordkeeping) and formulas (Optiva, SAP and floor formulas)..
- Able to complete ingredient, packaging and finished product traceability and mock recalls utilizing SAP.
- Coordinate product showings, physical / chemical and analytical testing of ingredients and finished products. Reviews Food Safety and Quality data and provides input.
- Investigate vendor non-conformances, product holds, and consumer complaints as well as conduct root cause analysis and lead corrective action efforts.
- Liaison for packaging related issues with roll stock, foil, bags cartons, and cases.
- Coordinates HACCP and food quality risk assessments, audits, and scheduled reviews.
- Reviews on-line quality tools, data and applications for plant data collection systems.
- Develops and delivers quality training and awareness to plant personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the QA Coordinator.
4-year BS Degree in Food Science or related discipline is preferred, combination of education and work experience will be considered
Years of Experience: 0-4 years of QA or food industry experience
Ability to understand and apply food safety principles (ex. Regulatory, HACCP, GMPs, SQF, Food microbiology, etc.)
Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with/to all organizational levels
Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
Computer skills necessary, proficient with Microsoft Office (excel, word, powerpoint, outlook) and ability to learn and operate in SAP and QLM
Statistical analysis background a plus
Able to occasionally work on off-shifts and some weekends, as needed
Demonstrated leadership that exemplifies the Campbell’s Leadership Model: Inspire Trust, Create Direction, Drive Decision Making, Build Talent and Culture, Execute with Excellence and Own Results
The working environment includes both office and plant floor settings. Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving mechanical parts, and temperature extremes occurs in operating areas of the plant.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.