Responsible for supervising employees and activities involved in ensuring the safe production of a wide range of products in compliance with company, customer and government requirements that meet required quality specifications.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Continuously monitor, through subordinates, plant operations to ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility.
- Prepare a variety of routine and special reports that document testing activities, test results, and operational issues involving product quality and safety such as swab tests, finished product tests, and HACCP audits.
- Administer the product recall program and disposition of returned product.
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function. Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products. Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
- Act as plant representative to USDA personnel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, or a related field, or equivalent amount of relevant experience and education. Food industry experience strongly preferred.
- 0-2 years of related experience is preferred.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and leadership skills.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in conditions, which include multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and specific time constraints.
- Additionally, candidate must interact well with other employees, work overtime as needed, be able to work in food manufacturing facility and adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.