We have opportunities in our Aseptic, Single Serve and Multi-Serve business units.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor requires a very organized individual able to complete requests, activities, and projects on time and with a high level of quality and accuracy. This position is accountable and responsible for leading quality in the respective plant, for setting of appropriate standards, methods and specifications, and for the testing and disposition of in-line and final product testing.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain a work environment committed to sustainable safety by enforcing safety rules, setting a safe example, coaching and communicating to department associates the reasons for safe operations.
- Responsible to implement and maintain plant quality systems to include HACCP, recall / traceability, RCA etc.
- Lead daily QA activities to include record review, lead RCA investigations and implement preventative actions.
- Effectively communicate problems to production management and initiates corrective procedures.
- Monitor consumer and customer complaints and develops KPIs and implements complaint reduction projects in alignment with the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for initiating appropriate actions that address Food Safety concerns, including escalation to Quality and Management.
- Implementation of the Quality Manufacturing Scheme to align the MSPEC’s with production processes.
- Collaborate with site and department leaders to develop and maintain the most efficient quality assurance procedures for respective areas.
- Generate ideas for continuous quality improvement and participate in the development and implementation of new policies, procedures and/or programs.
- Identify and report on Key Performance Indicators that support the business
- Must be available to assist off hours if required
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or Chemical Engineering in food manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of food manufacturing QA experience. Knowledge of Thermal Processing and/or aseptic manufacturing preferred. Green Belt preferred.
- HACCP Certification from a nationally / internationally recognized and accredited HACCP training firm or currently in the process of obtaining preferred
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and SQF experience required
- SysPro experience is a plus.
- Strong expertise in Quality Assurance and cGMP/GDP requirements.
- Must have strong organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional departments within the organization
- Strong communication skills required – both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving skills and corrective action/resolution skills
- Strong computer skills with experience using Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
- Must be able to work seated using a computer and phone for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours, such as daily overtime and an occasional weekend
- Must possess visual acuity to document company records
- Continuous walking throughout plant and distribution center.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds