Position: Construction Materials Testing / Quality Assurance Technician
Requisition Number: 2019-2710-02
S&ME is an employee-owned engineering firm that provides civil, geotechnical, environmental, planning, landscape architecture, survey and construction services. Consistently ranked in the top 100 of ENR's Top 500 Design Firms, our markets are diverse and include transportation, energy, water/wastewater, commercial development, industry, healthcare, education and government. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Construction Materials Testing / Quality Assurance Technician to be based in Savannah, Tennessee as part of our Knoxville Energy Business Unit. This is a full-time position for a long-term project lasting approximately 1.5 years. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Performing, and/or coordinating others in, timely calibrations and maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- Coordinating with Group Leader(s) and field staff for the timely calibrations and maintenance of field equipment;
- Maintaining documentation of equipment maintenance and calibrations for compliance with AASHTO Accreditation Program (AAP) requirements, including internal and external audits;
- Assisting Group Leader(s) with field and laboratory staff test method evaluations, as applicable;
- Maintaining documentation of staff test method evaluations for compliance with AASHTO Accreditation Program (AAP) requirements, including internal and external audits;
- Communication of status of calibrations and staff test method evaluations with Construction Services Group Leader(s), Area Manager, and Corporate QA Director;
- Radiation Safety Officer responsible for the management, maintenance, and organization of a state radioactive materials license (nuclear gauges);
- Performing required maintenance and verification of nuclear density gauges.
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Vocational Training or Associates degree in civil engineering, civil engineering technology, construction management, physical sciences, or related field preferred;
- Experience in calibration and maintenance of field and laboratory equipment, or related experience preferred;
- Experience with ASTM, AASHTO, or ISO standards, preferred;
- Effective organization and time management skills, required;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- An understanding of professionalism and tact, relative to interaction with all members of the team, including (but not limited to) laboratory staff, field staff, Group Leader, Area Manager, Business Unit Director, and Corporate QA staff;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Willingness to travel out-of-town (and overnight) for short duration assignments;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment) required.
To apply, visit www.smeinc.com/career and follow the "Career Openings" link. This is a full-time position for a long-term project lasting approximately 1.5 years, with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor