Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 350 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
Our ValuesTSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
TSC is seeking a Quality Technician with experience in a composite aircraft production environment. The primary task of this role will be to perform product acceptance inspections within an AS9100 compliant Quality Management System (QMS). The successful candidate will work directly with quality engineering and production to identify and understand design requirements.
- Perform inspection and analysis to identify and evaluate the quality of products to design and customer requirements.
- Perform receiving, in-process production, and final assembly inspections and provide objective evidence of results in accordance with QMS requirements.
- Communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with engineering, management and production personnel to convey product acceptance criteria and inspection results.
- Generate Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) as required within the Oracle ERP system.
- Comply with safety regulations and promote a safe working environment.
What you bring
- High school diploma or GED required
- A&P License desirable
- NDI experience preferred
- Knowledge of AS9100 and other relevant aerospace industry standards.
- Ability to work with Microsoft tools, CATIA, 2D and 3D drawings or computer generated models or other similar types of engineering data.
- Basic math and technical writing skills.
- Proven hands-on inspection experience in the aerospace industry using a variety of precision measurement tools.
- GD&T comprehension through experience and/or formal training.
- In depth understanding of the inspection techniques and quality issues associated with composites.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel.
- Specific vision abilities (corrected or uncorrected) required for this job include color perception, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds (unassisted).
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.