Our mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it - without compromising the environment. We are looking for someone to enforce our products’ reliability to meet our customer’s needs by leading testing of the firmware and software systems.
- Lead testing of Treau’s devices by executing protocols to evaluate the controls software and all expected functionality.
- Assess and approve all firmware and application version releases.
- Enforce best practices at Treau with regards to all software quality assurance related design controls.
- Set up testing frameworks for all firmware and mobile app code releases.
- Write test scripts and protocols to automate and document results from testing firmware and software releases.
- Troubleshoot quality issues on the production floor.
- Support the manufacturing team with product quality and reliability testing.
- Contribute to writing and following work and assembly instructions.
- Perform quality control processes including measuring incoming materials, documenting processes with photos and written instructions, and pre-shipping quality control testing.
- Participate in shop inventory, shop safety, materials handling, packaging, labeling, and shipping procedures.
- 2+ years of industry experience testing firmware for hardware products.
- Proven track record of ensuring quality on consumer products, and professional experience working with quality control processes.
- Experience with data entry into spreadsheets (such as Google Sheets), and execution of software test protocols following written instructions.
- Experience working with IoT or other embedded systems products.
- Associate’s degree or higher in Manufacturing Technology, Quality Assurance or equivalent experience in quality management systems, document control, design controls, and statistics.
- Effective communication and interaction with team members, shop users, suppliers, customers, and guests.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for short distances. Able to climb ladders, move from place to place, bend, stretch, grasp, reach, kneel, and twist.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Driver’s license
- Experience working on projects with a combination of mechanical, electrical, and software components.
- Experience with product specifications, requirements documents, and failure modes and effects analysis.
- Experience with database quality and security standards.
- Some level of Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification.
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason