Quality Assurance Technician
Cryomech is a Syracuse based high tech manufacturer. We are a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of a diverse line of cryogenic products serving the entire globe.We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture of teaching and learning. If you have the drive, we can teach you to do any job.
Listed work hours (7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for inspecting machined and purchased parts in accordance with Cryomech quality standards and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs complete quality inspection by measuring dimensions according to mechanical drawings using the following precision measuring instruments: Micrometers, Calipers, Dial Indicator, Go and No/Go thread gauges, Profilometer, Optical Comparator, Microscope, Hardness Tester and CMM to ensure the product meets specifications.
- Examine parts for Fit, Form, Function, and verifies correctness of finish including plating, anodize and powder coat according to Cryomech inspection policies and documentation.
- Internally communicates information related to quality and documentation to team members.
- Documents part rejections, quantities, quality issues and inspection results.
- Read and understand inspection reports from CMM and other equipment.
- Properly labels parts/materials after inspection.
- Trains team members in standard procedures and techniques for using measuring tools and equipment consistently and safely.
- Verify measuring tools are calibrated and in good working condition.
- Clean equipment and tooling as needed.
- Adheres to all safety policies by consistently using personal protective equipment and practicing good housekeeping.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate's degree or Two-year technical school; or
- Two to four years related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings with GD&T
- Knowledge of ISO program, including maintaining records, procedures and policies.
- Pay rate of position (Depending on experience)
- Cryomech offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vison, 401K, long and short term disability, life, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), training, tuition reimbursement, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Cryomech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of disability status, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.
You will receive a confirmation email after you submit the first part of the application. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder.0