Under general supervision leads the employees engaged in performing a variety of tests and testing procedures on equipment, incoming raw materials, finished products, and products in process. Documents results and reports according to established procedures.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trains employees engaged in performing product quality and safety testing; resolves simple employee conflicts or testing difficulties according to established policy while referring more complicated matters to the next higher level. Makes hire, fire, training, discipline and promotional recommendations.
- Works with Quality Assurance workers to ensure that tests are conducted as required and that sufficient supplies and materials are available for testing and analysis.
- Provides back up to all positions in the quality control department.
- Obtain, prepare and conduct sample analysis using a variety of lab testing equipment.
- Swab assigned area on the production floor grid and test for bacterial analysis according to established processes ad procedures.
- Inspect production equipment for rust and condensation; interpret and document results.
- Conduct a variety of audits including, but not limited to, temperatures on outbound product and product packaging counts.
- Interpret and record results of all tests performed; document results in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Produce a variety of reports detailing and summarizing test results
- Maintain clean and sanitary testing environment and otherwise comply with organization policies including, but not limited to, safety, good manufacturing practices, food safety, employment and work rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2- 5 years of combined prior experience in food manufacturing, quality control and on the job training.
- Ability to accurately perform basic math computations
- Ability to enter data into reporting system
- Ability to follow instructions
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.