The Quality Control Coordinator II works under the direction of the Quality Control (QC) Manager in administrating the quality control program for the Sprouts distribution center based on company quality standards. This position focuses on assisting with inspection of incoming and outbound loads to ensure product meets company standards and communicating issues and concerns to the QC Manager.
The majority of time spent in this position involves working on the warehouse floor assisting with the inspection of agricultural commodities such as fruits, vegetables, and other perishable/non-perishable products in order to maintain Sprouts standards of quality.
- Document quantity, quality, type, weight, test result data, and value of products, in order to maintain shipping, receiving, and production records and files
- Count or estimate quantities of products received
- Weigh products to maintain relevant records
- Perform banana ripening functions as a relief for the Fruit Ripener including: Inspection of inbound loads, room inspections and temperature adjustments, maintaining appropriate ripening room logs and communicating rooms to be shipped.
- Ensure proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facility
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers
- Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors, pursuant to company procedures or as instructed
- Remove from stock products or loads not meeting quality standards, and notify Quality Control management of discrepancies or shortages
- Maintain, monitor, and clean work areas
- Examine products and packaging for damage, defects, or shortages, using specification sheets and standards charts
- Inspect and verify Purchase Order quantities for all inbound perishable loads
- Inspect all inbound trucks for signs of pest and rodents before unloading
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, storage, and shipping. Identify any issues to Quality Control management
- Document temperatures of all inbound loads and report to Quality Control management any violations
- Responsible for proper rotation for all produce inventory and various perishable items
- Perform daily quality inspections for all perishable items
- Perform daily date checks and pull all out dated product from pick and reserve slots
- Complete daily dump and damage report and give to Quality Control management
- Observe temperatures within cooler and cases and report failures to management
- Pay close attention to damaged or inferior product and bring to the attention of Quality Control management
- 2-3 years produce or other perishable receiving and inspection experience, knowledge of USDA grades and standards, and 2-3 years in shipping and receiving
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to operate electric pallet jack
- Ability to work well without close supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong organization skills
- Basic proficiency with MS Office and Internet applications
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position will work in a distribution center
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes, moisture, noise, odors, and moving equipment.
- Moving heavy items
- Running pallet jacks on occasion
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying up to 75 lbs
- Performing other physical activities such as moving pallets, loading trucks, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, or climbing
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.