Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
This position may have a start time of 5:00am or 10:00am.
The Quality Control inspector is responsible for inspecting all inbound and outbound products to ensure that company quality and dating standards are met. Quality Control will work closely with the Receiving department to identify any quality issues with incoming product and take the appropriate action. Quality Control will also work closely with the Purchasing department to resolve any quality issues. Position reports directly to the Quality Control Supervisor.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Identify quality issues with produce, basic math and counting skills
- Lift up to 50 lbs repetitively and work in a refrigerated warehouse
- Work with cross-functional team members and departments
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, Bosanova)
- A minimum of two years' experience working at Charlie's Produce
- Intermediate pallet jack and forklift experience
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.