Role/Title Quality Control Inspector
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 12 Months
- Must have good working knowledge with Solumina, CATIA, and SmarTeam.
- Must have experience in Aircraft Furniture Plumbing/Electrical/and Assembly.
- Must have prior Aircraft Inspection experience.
- Aircraft Furniture build/inspection a plus.
- Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents.
- Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork.
- Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps.
- Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures.
- Perform transfer and consolidated inspections.
- Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment.
- Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
- Provide on the job training for subordinate level inspectors.
- Coordinate inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering and IPT personnel.
- Perform duties of MRB signature authority.
- Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Lead continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in CATIA or blueprint reading and interpretation, work instructions, technical specifications and QA Manual.
- Competent in the use of all job related tools and equipment.
- High School degree or GED.
- Completion of formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment.
- Three (3) years quality inspection experience.
- Five (5) years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.