Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Granite’s project team needs an experienced Heavy Civil Construction Engineer to work in the Dallas Fort Worth region as a Quality Control Manager.
Granite’s Construction Engineers work on heavy civil projects with Superintendents, field surveyors, subcontractors and other construction engineers to develop and implement submittals, work plans and schedules for heavy concrete formwork, falsework, mass concrete placement, structural steel erection, earthwork operations, and commissioning of the project. All construction engineers participate in safety, quality, environment and production planning and control both in the office and in the field.
At Granite the Quality Control Manager will manage the quality inspection and testing staff comprised of Granite personnel and subcontracted personnel; Participate in work planning and scheduling to meet Contract requirements; Review work plans and submittals for Contract compliance; Manage submittal process to the Owner; Be responsible for the daily submittal of the quality tests, inspections and daily activity reports using the Owner’s computer system; and Lead the three phase Quality Control System which include holding preparatory meetings, initial inspection meetings and managing follow up inspections and documentation.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Manage Quality Control staff, subcontractors and consultants to ensure compliance with contract requirements, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met, and work is completed on time and under budget.
- Schedule and coordinate quality staff with construction activities to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
- Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Develop, implement and administer Quality Control procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
• 5+ years of heavy civil construction engineering, field support, QC Management, inspection and testing, or similar experience.
• Prefer candidates having experience with density control embankment, pavement, municipal waterlines, excavation, earthen dam, concrete, formwork, hydroelectric, USACE, airport or Department of Transportation projects.
• Prefer candidates with knowledge of construction inspection and materials inspection, particularly density controlled field tests for soils compaction.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Construction Management required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• EIT and progress toward PE, preferred
• USACE Construction Quality Management (CQM) Certification preferred
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and
• Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, materials testing codes, standards, etc. plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• Team player
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values:Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.Quality ManagementQuality ManagementFull-time