OHL North America (OHL NA) merges global expertise and a 100+ year legacy with the latest innovations and a strong regional footprint to deliver North America's most complex infrastructure and construction projects. The company has more than 2,000 engineering and construction professionals from coast to coast and specializes in the financing, construction and modernization of highways, bridges, rail and mass transit systems, tunnels, water resources, hospitals, schools, and other large-scale infrastructure projects, including alternative delivery. OHL NA is the North American division of international construction company Obrascón Huarte Lain, S.A. (OHL Group), headquartered in Madrid, Spain. The company's regional headquarters are located in College Point, NY and has operations coast to coast from California to New York, Texas, Florida, and Illinois. OHL NA ranks #11 on Engineering News Record's (ENR) 2018 Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors List.
- Management & control of documents and documents changes
- Review submittals for conformance with contract documents prior to submittal
- Review delivered material and equipment for conformance with contract documents and approved submittals
- Log and report material delivery inspections
- Subcontractor and supplier controls
- Conduct External Audits
- Generate Inspection & Testing per specification; schedule 3rd party inspections
- Conduct Preparatory Phase Meetings prior to start of any definable features of work
- Schedule mock-up/sample initial and follow up inspections
- Write Surveillance Reports
- Identify and enforce “Hold Points” per specifications
- Control of measuring and testing equipment
- Verify all Calibration Reports for equipment and Welders Certifications
- Preventative action and control of nonconforming conditions; generate Nonconforming Condition Reports and develop Preventive Actions based on the discovered issues
- Documents work activity specification compliance
- Conduct Internal Audit Continuation
- Conduct training and evaluate its maximum effectiveness
- Statistical analysis
- Design process control and must be familiar with blue prints interpretation, drafting and design
- Create, maintain and enforce the Quality assurance and Quality Management Plans through the duration of the project
- Maintain control of key construction processes and materials through all phases of work
Professional with experience in quality management of major capital projects in accordance with the FTA Quality Management System (QMS) Guidelines (FTA-PA-27-5194-12.1).
- Quality Assurance Representative’s resume must include a description of the duties and responsibilities of the Quality Manager for the last 5 years as well as a record of the Quality Assurance/Quality Control assignments that establish the Quality Manager’s qualifications for the position
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in quality assurance for construction projects
OHL NA and its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class.
OHL USA, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“OHL”) shall not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to OHL or an employee of OHL, by mail, electronically, or otherwise will be considered OHL property. OHL will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. OHL will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. OHL Human Resources is the only authorized representative of OHL to execute any agreements with search firms or staffing agencies. As a condition for payment, a Vendor shall have OHL USA Inc.’s Personnel Agreement and a Job Order signed by an authorized OHL HR representative. Verbal or written communications from any employee of OHL and its subsidiaries shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be the property of OHL.