|Title||Quality Control Manager|
|Point of Hire||Seattle, WA|
|Company||DPS - Doyon Project Services|
|Reports To||Project Manager|
|Type of Position||Regular Full-Time|
|Description||JOB SUMMARY: The Quality Control Manager (QCM) has overall responsibility for reporting directly to the Project Manager and Corporate Management for the verification that we meet all quality standards on our projects. The Quality Control Manager (project level) plans, coordinates, and oversees implementation of Construction quality control and quality assurance programs at the project level. This position also creates, reviews and amends Project Quality Plans to keep them current and to ensure compliance in all respects with the contract, established standards, methods and specifications.|
• Create and manage the Quality Control Plan for success on assigned construction projects
• Read and understand complex contract specifications, documents and architectural/engineering/mechanical and electrical drawings
• Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Review and approve submittals, process and understand RFI’s
• Create a Daily Activity Report to be a detailed, thorough and complete historical record of the day’s daily activities
• Work with others in a team environment to ensure contract requirements, project goals and objectives are met
• Communicate and reason with client’s quality assurance personnel and technical experts, and field quality assurance, technical authorities and construction supervisory representatives
• Make presentations, host meetings and engage in problem solving by bringing together technical experts, authorities having jurisdiction, assigning action items, documenting minutes and follow through to closure
• Proficiency in QCS/RMS software applications, Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Prepare graphs, charts of data, proposals, reports, and manuals
• Implement the three phases of quality control
• Read survey shots (grade and elevation)
• Mentor Quality Control Specialists
• Other duties as assigned
• Depending on size, complexity and number of Definable Features of Work, this position manages the Project Quality Control Plan, ensures all contract requirements are being met and supervises project Quality Control Inspectors.
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develop plans, prioritize, organize and manage resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific period of time
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction management-preferably in the federal arena
• Specific past performance and references as an approved QC Specialist/Manager on one or more Federal construction projects
• Contractor Quality Management for Contractors Certification or ability to obtain the certification
• Experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong proficiency in QCS/RMS software applications, Internet and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Continuing education in related fields
• Valid OSHA 10/30 certification
• Valid First Aid/CPR certification
• Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification
• Healthcare and railroad construction experience
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in an indoor/outdoor setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will be required to perform climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear and repeat motions. Light Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects is required. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes. Occasional travel.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Apply Online at www.doyon.com
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please contact the appropriate Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified applicants will be notified.
|Send This Job to a Friend|