S&W Ready Mix, Titan America is seeking a Quality Control Technicianfor the Fayetteville, NC Area. The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for providing quality control and operations support for the operations around the Fayetteville, Spring Lake, Lumberton, Elizabethtown, Whiteville and other areas as needed.This is an hourly position that will report directly to theArea Manager.
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for quality control and assurance testing as well as providing operations support as needed.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor and sample raw materials for compliance of applicable specifications of local Building Codes and SOP for production.
- Provide Quality Control/Assurance by monitoring concrete productions and procedures for the southern ready-mix plants.
- Conduct plant inspections/audits for conformance to the SOP.
- Provide training to staff & personnel, internal & external programs.
- Observe job site testing and conduct comparison testing with independent testing agencies.
- Communicate with all parties in regards to the design mixes being utilized and admixture dosage rates to ensure high quality dynamically.
- Assess jobsite conditions and recommend solutions to ensure efficient operations.
- Compile and graph test data and plant records for specification compliance in commercial and DOT specifications.
- Carry out all pertinent ASTM, ACI, and DOT testing procedures to provide Quality Control/Assurance and data for producing quality concrete that meets customer specifications.
- Assist area manager with operationalsupport around plant and job sites.
- Must possess or be able to obtain ACI Grade I Field Testing, NCDOT Batch Certification, and NRMCA Certifications.
- Plant Operator certifications with 12 months of employment.
- Must have technical knowledge of concrete
- Maintain a clean Motor Vehicle Record as travel throughout the coastal area is required.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills with professional decorum, oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to independently prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service skills to be utilized internally and externally.
- Proficient ability in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good mathematical and analytical skills to anticipate problems and provide solutions.
- Available to work on a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekend)
- Positive attitude to achieve goals and deliver results.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience in industry or related industry and a technical knowledge of concrete. Education may be considered in lieu of experience.