Deployed to large complex projects, the Quality Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the Quality Control Plan. Conduct audits, train site teams on proper quality assurance and control inspection and documentation requirements for the discipline areas of civil, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation.
- Reviews contractor Q & A procedures and check list to ensure that they meet EGP and contract requirements.
- Reports to Site Manager and relays any quality or non-conformities with testing, inspecting, or documentation.
- Directly addresses quality issues on site, and ensures that the quality control plan is carried out by the site contractor and EGP supervisors in performing the required quality testing, inspecting, and reporting procedures.
- Receives (IFC) Issued for Construction Drawings and Design (TS) Technical Specifications from (PE) Project Engineer distributing to (CST) Construction Site Team ensuring latest versions.
- Reviews and monitors (DPP) Design Plan and Program informing PE and CST of deviations, delays or misalignments with Project Schedule.
- Receives (QCP) Quality Control Plans and Procedures from PE and distributes to CST informing in case of deviations.
- Collects all quality documents material certificates and supply information updating and auditing (JB) Job Books informing site management.
- Receives validates and files assuring accuracy and completeness of site and laboratory test reports from CST.
- Monitors and registers in JB the Material Certificates, supply information and (FAT) Factory Acceptance Tests with (L&E) Logistics and Expediting.
- Inputs information related to Quality into (CPB) Construction Performance Book and (PoD) Plan of the Day.
- Monitors QCP (DIR) Daily Inspection Reports and other quality documents.
- Collects and administrates the related Quality Non-Conformity Reports (NCR) from Site Coordinator, as well as third party audits and reports.
- Ensures all construction site quality and documentation activities pertaining to deliveries, construction, commissioning, O&M hand-over, final required testing documentation and close-out are followed.
- Perform activities such as quality control quality assurance audits.
- Provide administrative and technical direction to all discipline site supervisors that includes being involved in the resolution of technical issues and the development and implementation of the on-site training program.
- Act as the liaison to owners, bank engineers, regulatory agencies, subcontractors and/or internal departments regarding audits and quality related matters in communication with the Site Manager, as required.
- Organize and coordinate activities of the Site Quality Improvement Committee, which includes reviewing employee submitted quality improvement suggestions.
- Maintain the Quality Manual control copy and distribution list including the controlled copies of the Work Procedures Manual and forms.
- Ensures, with support of Health, Safety and Environmental team, the compliance of safety requirements during works execution, according to local legislation and law
- Support and ensure management of back office activities
- Provides input based on lessons learned to the construction team for future project sites
- A valid standard driver's license is requiredA clean driving record means in the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident
These jobs may be located in TX, IL or MO or ND
- BS, Engineering or a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years quality control/quality assurance experience in wind/solar industry.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Advanced time management and planning skills with ability to review, compile and track project quality assurance documentation
- Must have thorough knowledge of regulatory agency quality assurance/control requirements/activities
- Intermediate level of proficiency for MS Office Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills for frequent interfacing with contractors, subcontractors, landowners and vendors and to work within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100% of time including temporary assignment to projects.