Nuvera Fuel Cells is an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel cell stacks production, on-site hydrogen production, dispensing systems, and other related systems for both commercial end-users and OEMs. Located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera manufactures hydrogen supply and fuel cell power products designed for efficiency, safety, and productivity.
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 5,400 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to be located in our Billerica, MA office. The Quality Engineer leads development, execution and ongoing evolution of the quality management activities for fuel cell system products across the entire value stream including supplied parts, in-house manufacturing, final acceptance and post-shipment warranty problem resolution.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Be an active participant on cross-functional product development teams to develop product quality control plans and champion advanced product quality planning in all aspects of the product development process
- Collaborate with the development engineering team to ensure clear engineering requirements and critical-to-quality characteristics are defined for fuel cell system products, sub-assemblies and components
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to support early identification, capability assessment, and selection of fully capable suppliers
- Develop, communicate and implement quality requirements, including PPAP and ongoing process control requirements, at selected suppliers
- Collaborate with the manufacturing engineering team to ensure development and implementation of in-process quality verification steps and robust end-of-line testing into manufacturing plans and work instructions
- Lead continuous improvement projects by applying Lean-Six Sigma Practices in cross-functional structured-problem solving teams
- Develop, maintain and improve all associated quality management system documentation in conformance with applicable ISO 9001 requirements
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering required
- 7+ years of experience in low & high volume, highly technical content product manufacturing environment. Experience involving mechanical and electrical assembly and system test operations is a must.
- Six Sigma Certification (at least Green Belt) preferred
- Working knowledge of APQP Core Tools including APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA and SPC
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Total Quality and ISO 9001
- Quality Assurance Certification (CQE, CRE, CQA) preferred
- Proficient in innovative problem solving, expertise with quality control analytical tools
- Strong presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Up to 25% possible, including domestic and international sites