Wyman-Gordon Dillon, SC is a major industrial manufacturer serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, power generation, and industrial businesses. Wyman-Gordon is a PCC company.
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a world-class, global manufacturing organization relentless in its dedication to being the high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer for all of its product lines, delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders, and continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prioritize and implement multiple concurrent process improvement projects, along or as part of a multifunctional team, to drive customer satisfaction and business productivity.
- Analyze production and service limitations, then develop, implement, and evaluate quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques to track the progress of improvement efforts.
- Oversee the evaluation of test equipment, precision measurements, accuracy measurements and performance testing.
- Work with management team to disposition nonconforming material and devise remediation actions.
- Work with New Product development teams to approve new suppliers of materials / services used in product realization; work with Manufacturing Engineers to resolve quality issues related to existing suppliers.
- Conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools.
- Collect, organize, monitor and distribute information for the Company and to customers / suppliers related to product quality and process improvement.
- Specify, develop and accept advanced technology, quality information and test equipment.
- Provide advanced quality engineering of new production introduction involving new processes or advanced automated equipment.
- Act as a consultant to the quality, manufacturing and engineering teams to improve quality and manufacturing processes, introduce new products and improve product design.
- Train and provide ongoing leadership of assigned personnel to meet schedules, quality and measurements, and organizational goals.
- Manage NCR database to drive timely dispositioning of product and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Escort customers and third party auditors on behalf of Wyman Gordon.
- Participate and assist as needed in customer/third party audits and ensure audit findings are addressed and closed.
- Manage the internal auditing program including scheduling all audits, performing audits, and making sure all audits and audit findings are closed in a timely manner.
- Perform external supplier audits and work with suppliers to close out findings.
- Drive improvement in the QMS System
- Implementation of quality requirements for new customers
- Drive improvement in Statistical Process Controls
- Facilitate investigations into root cause and corrective action analysis
- Point of contact with customers, regulatory, and government agencies on quality related issues, and audits
- Drive FMEA to improve the quality and reliability of the process
- OVERTIME is required for this position.
Required Experience and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of professional work experience as a Quality Engineer. CQE or equivalent is preferred. Aerospace Quality experience is preferred.
- Prior AS9100 experience.
- Quality planning experience.
- Create spec sheets, marking process sheets.
- Support internal inspection, cert package review and signoff
- Support off hour calls
- Support and review the process of concession submittal as needed
- Be available to become a customer delegated DQR
- Be available to travel as needed, 5 – 10% of your time
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerance, drawing interpretation, and familiarity with regulatory specifications.
- Prior experience in areas of quality assurance such as: DOE, FMEA, SPC, RCCA, controls plans, material control, process control, systems performance, product evaluation, MSA, metrology, automated measurement and software is preferred.
- Six Sigma training and the ability to apply statistical methods to analysis of engineering problems is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and teamwork across functional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual material to individuals at all levels in customer organization as well as within Wyman Gordon
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Please apply at: https://careers.precast.com/career-areas/
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Click Here To Apply