The Quality Engineer executes Quality Engineering function for products manufactured in the East Providence, Inc. and participates in planning, execution and implementation activities for New Product Development and Sustaining Engineering projects. The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for day-to-day activities relating to Quality reporting, tracking and systems in the East Providence plant. Teamwork both within the department and with peers is necessary to ensure achievement of the overall Company and team goals.
- Use key product/process metrics to evaluate process effectiveness, identify improvement opportunities/best practices, and drive continuous quality improvement activities.
- Perform analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary.
- Provide support to Operations including the review and approval of manufacturing work instructions, deviation requests, and nonconforming material reports, and Engineering Change Orders.
- Review, approve and develop (as needed) product verification plans and respective test methods.
- Support validation efforts of approved testing to assure compliance.
- Provide validation support by applying manufacturing quality tools including, but not limited to: FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA, IQ, OQ, PQ, control plans, process verification/validation plans, Cpk, Cp, SPC, DOE, process data analysis, and DMAIC.
- Lead and/or Participate in complaint investigations, failure analysis of returned products, and issues resulting in a stop ship/stop production; document findings, provide reports and analysis, & document health risk assessment.
- Develops new and/or improved processes and techniques for engineering tasks.
- Develops product reliability assessments and reliability test plans.
- Responsible for review and approval of drawings, calculations, specifications and other design inputs/outputs.
- Provides direction in developing inspection plans, First Article Inspection, In-Process and Final Product Inspection, Sampling Plans, inspection and acceptance criteria and Design Validation Testing.
- Monitors and/or performs quality activities to support First Article Inspection.
- Applies sound systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues.
- Minimizes customer complaints due to product quality through effective corrective actions and preventative actions.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability
- Partner with Supplier Quality Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/QA on supplier qualification/development activities
- Actively participate in non-conforming material disposition and MRB activity
- Ensures compliance of project activities to appropriate regulations and standards (ASTM, ISO, EN).
- Performs process capability studies or special studies necessary to increase control and lower total quality costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Adopt and follow Aspen’s core values of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer and Innovation on both a personal and professional level.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within an ISO-certified environment in a continuous manufacturing environment preferred.
- Prior experience leading teams and/or meetings highly desirable to assist with delivery of and adherence to committed Quality goals and development of new programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Candidates with proven experience in a similar setting will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Adopt and follow Aspen’s core values of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer and innovation on both a personal and professional level.
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf Opens a New Window. .
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (508) 466-3111 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.