Primary Location: United States (US)- North Dakota - Fargo
Function: Quality Engineering
Title: Quality Engineer- 69993
As a Quality Engineer for Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) Electronic Systems in Fargo, North Dakota, you are an integral part of the factory engineering team. You will monitor product lines for quality issues and be a part of the team driving solutions and improvements. In addition you will;
- Monitors the factory for product and production process related quality issues, analyzes trends, and leads cross-functional teams for root cause determination and corrective action activities.
- Learns and uses quality tools consistent with quality processes to enable the focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk.
- Investigates product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints.
- Learns and uses quality planning tools and analysis to formulate and facilitate quality plans for products.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Ability to think critically and solve problems analytically.
- Ability to solve problems by determining root cause and driving corrective action.
- Working knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, with the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to interact with multiple engineering areas to resolve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute a large number of tasks.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Work experience involving hands on use of quality tools such as SPC, Statistics, FMEA, Control Plans, DPAR, PPAP, DMAIC, Six Sigma, and 8D Problem Solving.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis techniques including pareto charts, histograms, pie and bar charts, and control plans.
- Design, troubleshooting, and/or manufacturing experience for electronic devices.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.