We are Growing, Come and Join Our Team!
We are currently seeking to fill a Quality Engineer Position for our Flex Air Group at our location in Fenton, Michigan.
This position is accountable to effectively implement and ensure adherence to company quality systems and critical quality protocols, build relationships with company-wide customers and comply with their quality requirements. This position will conduct the Quality Planning and daily Quality activities associated with process control of production, maintaining of quality management systems, interfacing with external auditors, identification of internal quality losses, identification of supplier non-conformance issues, initiating continuous improvement proposals and the clear communication of Quality concerns to the responsible functions.
- Supports the Quality Management System (QMS) through participation in the Internal Audit program, preventative action communications, and corrective action processes.
- Provide daily quality support to manufacturing ensuring compliance with all quality requirements including auditing of in-process work.
- Monitor, revise, and implement quality system procedures and instruction establishing training programs for team members as required.
- Implement quality improvements reducing the total cost of quality in manufacturing.
- Maintain and control the Nonconforming Hold Area for timely and valid disposition of nonconforming or suspect material. Coordinate MRB activity with Engineering and production to determine the final disposition (scrap/rework).
- Participates, as required, in support of site Engineering Change Notice (ECN) and Manufacturing Change Request processes.
- Leads the development, execution, and development of preliminary process set-up studies (DOE).
- Responsible for creating plans, new visual standards, and new work instructions associated with new product launch or revision of existing products.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings for inspecting and measuring of product components, associated tooling, fixtures, and finished goods.
- Participates in administrative-type research duties as requested to support customer requests from a Quality Assurance perspective concerning certifications, conformance, funding models, and agency approvals.
- Responsible for entering critical data for documentation purposes into Quality Assurance department databases and associated company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool.
- Participates in site problem solving projects, represents Quality department at site meetings, and captures pertinent Quality Assurance documentation as requested.
- Maintain history of records associated with listing agencies (CSA, IAPMO, and U.L.)
- Coordinate efforts with suppliers to support new product development efforts and improvements with existing products
- Performs other related duties as needed and assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Engineering or Quality-related field with two (2) to four (4) years of successful work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings within a 'quality testing' and 'quality analysis' environment.
- Demonstrated experience conducting systematic problem-solving projects.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Miller Industries, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.