Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 8+ month, long term contract opportunity as a Quality Engineer for a top fortune 500 company in St. Paul, MN.
Title: Quality Engineer II
Location: Baxter in St. Paul, MN
Duration: 8+ Months
Pay Rate: $35
Top 3 must haves: Medical device manufacturing experience, preferably with implantables. Previous experience in a Quality role within either manufacturing or design. Knowledge of FDA and EU medical device requirements.
Top Technical skills needed: Statistical analysis skills, Corrective and preventive action investigation experience, able to read and interpret drawings.
The candidate must be comfortable with the cleanroom environment and be willing to remove makeup in order to enter the cleanroom.
Provide Quality Engineering support to manufacturing teams for tissue products. Lead quality improvement projects and participate in quality activities as assigned. Provide support for released products, evaluating and trending complaints. Lead and/or support key development and continuous engineering projects. Lead investigations into nonconformances and CAPAs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide quality engineering support to manufacturing lines, including floor support, non-conforming product investigations, change order control requests reviews, and new equipment qualifications.
• Perform return product investigations for product complaints.
• Own key deliverables in support of development and continuous/sustaining engineering R&D projects, which may include: first articles, mold tool qualifications, component qualifications, shelf life validations, and sterilization validations.
• Work with manufacturing and R&D engineers to prepare manufacturing work instructions, material specifications, and inspection documentation. Set inspection requirements, set inspection methods and inspection sampling plans.
• Support quality control inspectors with new product inspections and quality issues that arise during inspections.
• Provide leadership for nonconformance investigations and CAPAs and assigned.
• Support internal audits and supplier audits.
• Self-motivated worker, persistent, curious
• Strong communication skills
• Working knowledge and understanding of mechanical drawings
• Strong problem solving, technical writing, and statistical analysis skills
• Preferred experience with supporting a manufacturing product line
• Preferred experience with tissue products
• Desired experience with sterilization processes.
Education and/or Experience
• B.S. degree in Engineering or Science (Biomedical Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science)
• 1-3+ years in an engineering role within a Medical Device company.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Kaitlyn Katt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for immediate consideration.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.