A Champion for the Company to strengthen existing systems which promote a zero defect manufacturing process. Be a facilitator and coordinator between Customers, regulatory bodies and Magna internal departments and support groups. This person is member of cross functional teams and when needed a leader to accomplish team goals while working within the established processes.
- Champion the strengthening of quality systems with all departments in the organization.
- Guide and train all employees on systems and requirements during all phases of a program from quote through end of service life.
- Support the APQP process for new programs by leading the teams through the proper steps.
- Maintain documentation and records as required by customers, Magna and governmental regulations
- Act as liaison between MPT Sterling Heights, customers, suppliers and all departments within the organization.
- Owner of the PPAP Quality documentation
- Commitment to our zero defect policy as well as safety and health in the work environment.
- Respond to internal and external customer concerns and potential risk to products, Magna, or the customer and manage the situation to minimize any negative impact to Magna, suppliers, and customers
- Technical contact for both internal and external customers for any type of product or process concerns
- Develop, modify, improve, and troubleshoot processes associated with stamping, welding, heat treat, assembly and machining of automotive components.
- Conducts failure analysis based on structured problem solving and resolution of problems.
- Takes and maintains ownership of products and processes from launch through PPAP and program closure.
- Perform audits to automotive standards (CQI 9 and CQI 15) as well as internal audits for various areas of the business including implementation of corrective actions. Initiate and lead cost reduction projects.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, submits improvement suggestions (CI, Safety).
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to including IATF16949, ISO 9001, ISO14001 (EMS), the Employee Handbook and other
- Follows MIOSHA and MPTSH safety regulations and policies, including wearing required P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment). Reports unsafe conditions to Supervisor/Leader immediately and is active in preventing risk to employees or property
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field of study required. Master's degree in engineering field preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality systems and specifications is required.
- Must be well versed in the following: PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Gage R & R, Management Systems, Quality Information Systems, Leadership Principles and Techniques, Supplier Qualification, Certification Systems, Quality Systems, Documentation Systems, Validation and Qualification Methods, Process Capability, Interpretation of technical drawings and specifications, Material Control, Measurement Systems, Measurement System Analysis, Calibration systems, Fault tree analysis (FTA), Management and Planning Tools, Corrective Action, Preventive Action, Design of Experiments, Computer knowledge, APQP, IATF 2015:16949, Problem solving techniques
- Must understand Continuous Improvement and Risk Management
- Have a fundamental understanding of supplier relations and performance
- Must understand the interrelationship of all departments from Engineering to tooling Maintenance, logistics, Human Resources, Health & Safety and Purchasing.
- Quality Engineer Certification (CQE) by American Society of Quality (ASQ) preferred. Six Sigma Black belt or Greenbelt certification preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in metallurgical, mechanical or electrical engineering or other related field is required.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports. Ability to make effective presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Quality Certification (CQE) required or to be completed within one year after employment start.
- Must possess and be fluent with Project Management skills.
- Must be skilled with training of personnel in all levels.
- Ability to use efficiently computer programs (example) Microsoft Excel, Word, SPC software programs
- Willing to sign up for training when a skillset need to be improved. Self-motivated to learn new skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, engaged, task driven, highly organized individuals and have experience in various areas of a manufacturing facility.
- Be able to effectively facilitate workshops and training to plant level personnel
- Be able to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management and plant personnel equally effective (written and verbal).
- Excellent attendance and work performance.
- Ability to understand, speak and write English.
- Ability to travel to customers and suppliers.
- Required to be proactive and suggest improvements to existing processes policies and systems
- Required to support motivated manufacturing employees
- Demonstrates creativity, initiative, and the ability to perform structured problem solving.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, specifications or other related documents.
- Team oriented work approach.
- Self-starter who is positive and professional.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask projects
- Able to work hours required to comply with deadlines and to support corrective actions when they are needed.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and must have leadership experience.
- Perform other special project work as directed by the Management Team.
Skills and Competencies
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions in English and correspondence such as safety rules and operating instructions. Ability to document forms as required by position. Working knowledge of Quality systems and specifications is required. Ability to write clear and concise technical reports. Be able to effectively communicate with suppliers, customers, pears, management, corporate and plant personnel equally effective. (written and verbal)
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Must be able to interpret blueprints, specifications or other related documents. Statistics, SPC, capability calculations, trends and others as required.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of AS400 and ability to use bar code labeling system. Ability to use efficiently computer programs (example) Microsoft Excel, Word, SPC software programs, Minitab and others as required
Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Use industry common tools to organize information to arrive at factual based conclusions from small and large set of data. Able to filter reliable and non-factual data sets.
Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with others in the organization with a diverse educational and cultural background. Ability to organize and lead effective meetings. Understand how to work with people to gain understanding and buy in. Good listening, delegation and coaching skills
Problem Skills: Ability to perform structured problem solving take the initiative to find creative solutions
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is in an office setting. The noise level in the office environment is usually low to moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to low levels of vibration. Occasionally, the employee may be required to be on the production floor where they would be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually moderate to loud. PPE is required.