- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Manages the quality improvement activities. Assists the hospital in prioritizing quality improvement activities as well as provide clinical data. Acts as resource to hospital departments in conducting quality improvement projects. Conducts special audits or projects. Assists the Quality Improvement Manager in providing consistent department coverage.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Quality Improvement team supports and guides collection and analysis of organizational performance data for the purposes of reporting and improvement and under the primary objectives of patient safety, patient satisfaction, and population health. We maintain collaborative relationships with Risk Management, GME, Nursing, Medical Staff Services and with QI staff at all SHS sites.
- Current unencumbered Oregon Licensure as a Registered Nurse or degree in Health Information Management required (If degree in Health Information, previous management or utilization review experience and current certification by AHIMA required).
- Five (5) years recent clinical experience required.
- Experience and/or training in computer applications required.
- Five (5) years recent experience in a position of similar responsibility and complexity preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing preferred.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
- Database management experience preferred.
- Communication - Effective written and oral communication skills to explain complex issues, exchange information between team members, and tactfully discuss issues. Ability to perform group presentations and listen to and understand complex information and ideas.
- Quality Control - Knowledge of medical practice, quality management techniques, treatment methodology, data collection techniques and classification systems. Ability to evaluate quality or performance. Skilled in patient care assessment and data collection, including statistical applications.
- Conflict resolution - Ability to proactively resolve conflicts in a positive and constructive manner. Possess the knowledge and skills to handle complaints, settle disputes, and negotiate with others to reach mutually beneficial decisions.
- Computer Literacy - Working knowledge and skill of computer programs including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and the hospital information system.
- Systems Analysis/ Evaluation - Knowledge of how a system works and how changes will affect outcomes. Ability to identify measures of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance to meet certain goals.
- Time Management- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
CLIMB - LADDER
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
KNEEL (on knees)
CRAWL (hands & knees)
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
CLIMB - STAIRS
WALK - INCLINE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 – 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Upward
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
PUSH (40-60 pounds force)
PULL (40 - 60 pounds force)
BEND FORWARD at waist
ENTER & EXIT VEHICLE/MACHINERY
WALK – LEVEL SURFACE
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
REACH – Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists