Full time remote position in Indiana, Nursing Home experience preferred.
General Purpose of Position:
The Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor performs multiple coordination/support functions through promotion of contract initiatives to targeted task areas with providers, stakeholders, and other agencies to assist in the achievement of contract/program deliverables. The QI Advisor fosters relationships between existing and newly identified partners to align activities and strategies for Medicare Beneficiaries to reduce duplication of effort. The QI Advisor provides support to other functional areas as directed and performs other duties as assigned. This position reports to the appropriate Program Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a working knowledge of Quality Improvement principles including process and systems improvement and incorporate them into daily functions.
- Be a Healthcare Change Agent! Focus on behavioral health-opioid misuse, patient safety, chronic disease self-management, quality of care transitions, and nursing home quality.
- Act as a convener, energizer and assist in educating state providers, community organizations, and stakeholder groups regarding CMS Scope of Work task areas (listed in 2nd bullet).
- May serve as Team Lead for a specified task area and needs to demonstrate an understanding of the clinical aspects and evidence for the measures and clinical best practices.
- Actively participate in national, regional, and team educational events/workgroup calls/webinars to maintain the knowledge base required to support provider collaboration.
- Assist various provider settings with utilizing Electronic Health Records and with data entry into relevant modules/databases as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to providers in the effective use of data through data reporting, interpretation of performance metrics, provision of feedback to providers, translation of results into actionable improvement steps, and ongoing intervention performance measurement strategies.
- Facilitate Quality Improvement teams with internal and external customers to design and implement interventions to reach targeted goals.
- Assist in forming and executing a functioning Learning and Action Network (LAN) to convene providers, provide education, and promote peer sharing across the state. Assist in the cross-tasking of LAN activities across the continuum of care to accomplish broader improvement of population health and wide-spread adoption of improved practices across the state.
- Works with Program Director on a monthly/quarterly basis to coordinate deliverable reporting to CMS for their respective task area as needed.
- Work closely with external team consultants, the Marketing and Communication Specialist Point of Contact (POC), team analyst and other internal staff as needed to enhance improvement efforts.
- Contribute to project documentation through Salesforce, Smartsheet, and contract management tools.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with healthcare providers and related groups.
- Participate in CQI/ISO activities as required per Qsource policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of the healthcare system/environment.
- Quality improvement knowledge and experience in the health care setting.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel).
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing 20-30 pounds.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of work week.
- Ability to obtain and analyze clinical data relative to quality improvement projects.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Medicare Rights and Responsibilities and covered services.
- Self-starter with the ability to function independently with minimal supervision yet is able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to present relevant information to both large and small groups and to transfer knowledge to relevant provider staff.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail in accomplishing task work.
- Possess strong customer service orientation for both internal and external customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; education in a healthcare-related discipline preferred.
- Registered Nursing License desirable.
- Minimum of two years experience in a clinical/health care setting.
- Health information technology application experience preferred.
- Meeting Facilitator experience preferred.
- Educational presentation experience preferred.
- Nursing home/long term care, Hospital or other healthcare setting experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the requirements of healthcare accreditation organizations, such as The Joint Commission, is helpful.
- CPHQ desirable.
- Infection Prevention certification or formal training preferred.