The Quality Inspection Technician is directly responsible for validating the incoming quality of all material being delivered to the Element 13 facility.
General Key accountabilities
- Inspect incoming scrap materials, with an emphasis on:UBC’s are checked for both contamination and moisture
- Must drive to perform as many moisture tests as possible
- Strive for visually inspecting 100% of all delivered UBC loads
- Up to 40 UBC trucks per shift with deductions of around $5k per shift
- Common Sheet is checked for compliance with purchase specifications
- Up to 8 trucks per shift
- Roll-off/Dump Trailer material is inspected for compliance with purchase specifications
- Up to 15 trucks per shift
- Enter all inspection data into Quality forms and logs
- Maintain and distribute inspection reports related to daily activities
- Communicate rejections/deductions/deficiencies with buying group
- Assist production supervision with disposition of equipment, material placement, material preparation, and inventory control
- Assist in reporting as needed, especially as concerning inventory control and management requests
- Assist the receiving group with unloading issues, tracking trucks, and general coordination of the unloading process
- Assist with management of all incoming drivers, with an emphasis on clear communication and de-escalation in the event of conflict.
- Provide information regarding receipts, weights, etc., as needed
- Assist with general varied tasks involving scrap metal at the Element 13 facility
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement
- Required high school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred college level courses, 2 years of junior college or degree with emphasis on science or business administration.
- Quality Inspection experience is a plus.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Fluent Spanish is a plus.
- Must have a strong sense of ethical responsibility.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office experience.
- Capable of handling all weather as the job may require extensive time outdoors testing materials.
- Must be physically capable of walking long distances, lifting up to 25 pounds repeatedly, and spending much of their shift on their feet.