Perform in-process inspections, final inspections, make final airworthiness determinations and certify new and used aircraft parts and components. Perform audit functions within the organization as required. In addition, provide Quality Department support as needed in receiving and shipping inspection.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects parts, components, aircraft and processes in the repair and manufacturing facility, including in process and final inspections. Determines if products are airworthy and certify. Reviews technical data, process sheets, log cards and related data during the inspection process. Performs detail conformity inspections of products, including completion of First Articles using AS9102 forms.
- Performs receiving inspection of new and used aircraft parts and material to verify compliance to drawings, specifications and customer requirement. Performs detail conformity inspections of products, including completion of First Articles using AS9102 forms. Performs shipping inspection of product to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Performs internal audits.
- Reviews process routers for accuracy and inclusion of inspection points.
- Performs hardness testing of material.
- Conducts FAA conformity inspections.
- Responsible for the care and protection aircraft parts that may be critical and are of very high value. Responsible for the care of all precision tooling used.
- Provides training to other team members as requested.
- Two year degree or four year degree in Aviation or Quality related field preferred.
- Aviation experience of at least 1 year preferably in an inspection related capacity.
- Inspector experience with MH/CH53 CDI/QAR experience highly desirable.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant license required for level 2 and 3. CDI/QAR Inspectors and Inspectors assigned to work in Manufacturing do not require FAA Airframe & Powerplant license for any level.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance practices and/or inspection processes, technical specifications and standards, technical manuals, FAA regulations, and ability to read blueprints.
- Experience with part inspections, precision measuring equipment, and auditing processes.
- Proficiency in the use of precision measuring equipment.
- Must have a strong ability to communicate to all levels of personnel in an assertive but helpful manner.
- Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
- Effective Communication - Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork - Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change - Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”