rms Surgical, a Cretex Medical Company, emerged from rms and JunoPacific, leading medical device manufacturing companies with a worldwide reputation for providing precision machined implants and other devices to the medical device industry. Join our dedicated team of professionals!
rms Surgical is a single-source provider of custom instrumentation and sterilization cases and trays for the medical device market. Complete design capability complements the sterilization case and tray manufacturing with an emphasis on fast turnaround of prototype and production requirements. The instrumentation manufacturing is supported by dedicated prototype capability and design for manufacturability support.
The Quality Inspector performs basic dimensional and visual inspections for various manufacturing processes using various methods and equipment. This role will also complete appropriate quality records within company and GMP guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Inspection of received materials, components, and assemblies relating to quality, appearance and performance
- Interpret and accurately document the results of the inspections and testing
- Reporting and isolating/segregation of non-conforming product
- Use a variety of inspection measurement tools/gages (Micrometer, Caliper, Gage Pins, Indicators, Thread Gages, Profilometer, Optical Comparator, Microscopes)
- Operate various precision testing equipment including but not limited to Tool Scope, CMM, and Vision systems
- Effective organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Completes all other work related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic knowledge of inspection equipment use and maintenance
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Ability to work from customer supplied drawings and specifications
- Ability to communicate inspection results with team members
- Ability to quickly shift priorities in support of production inspection needs
- Organization: managing multiple requirements and deadlines
- High school diploma or equivalent degree (GED)
- Experience with measuring instruments, methods and practices including hand tools and machine devices including CMM and Vision Systems
- Quality training/certifications a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/13485 a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to occasionally: lift 10-50lbs, carry 10-50lbs and to stand, bend and stoop
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law.