Real-Time Laboratories, LLC is a compact entrepreneurial organization with the ability to quickly respond to changes in technical and operational requirements to effectively support customer requirements from design to prototyping and on into production.
As a defense contractor, RTL has passed numerous audits of our financial capability, accounting and operational systems by DCAA and our customers. RTL is constantly reviewing and updating our policies and methods to insure that we remain at the forefront of our technical and operational capabilities.
RTL’s combination of small company responsiveness and the technical and financial resources of a large multi-national publicly traded company provide the optimum in capability, agility, and security for our customers.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Uses instruments and gages properly, insures proper care, maintenance and accuracy. Hand tools (e.g., calipers, micrometers, linear scales), Gages (e.g., pins, thread, custom gages), Optical tools (e.g., comparators, profiles, microscopes).Electronic measuring equipment (e.g., CMM, Profilometer, Elcometer – Coating Thickness).
- Checks first piece/set-up when directed by the QA Supervisor.
- Assist the QA Supervisor in maintaining inspection records and file system, as defined by the quality manual and related procedures.
- Recommends to her/his supervisor changes in design, tooling, or methods to improve quality.
- Maintains a neat, clean and FOD free workplace.
- Inspects completed parts and assemblies. Verifies correctness of documentation and routes material to the next operation or rejection material and prepares a rejection report.
- Performs in-process inspection as directed.
- Uses instruments and gages properly, insures proper care, maintenance and accuracy.
- Assists the QA Supervisor in gage control, ensuring that all inspection equipment is calibrated and in a working condition in a manufacturing setting.
- Attends training and other related events as directed by QA Supervisor.
- Performs additional duties and functions as directed by the QA Supervisor.
- Approve/reject products.
- Reports discrepancies to Supervisor.
- To continually improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Individual has the authority and responsibility to complete assigned tasks.
- Communicate RTL Quality Policy and Practices to all personnel.
- High School or equivalent with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in manufacturing/quality related function in a military environment (ISO9001/AS9100).
- Knowledge of basic math skills are important because measuring, calibrating, and calculating specifications are major parts of quality control.
- Must be able to use specialized tools and machinery when testing products. Use of general inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, height gage, etc.).
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods on the job.
- Ablility to lift heavy objects up to 25 lbs.
- Must understand blueprints, technical documents, and manuals, ensuring that products and parts meet quality standards.