Position Title: Quality Assurance Inspector Effective Date: 4/03/2017
Reports To: Receiving / Inspection Supervisor Department: Quality Assurance
Performs and verifies visual, dimensional, electrical, mechanical, environmental and chemical inspection functions. The inspections relate to source, first article, receiving, in process, and final operations using company or customer supplied drawings, equipment and/or procedures.
Activities are detail oriented. Employee may be required to work overtime and travel when requested.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs inspection tasks using measuring equipment and drawings, as required.
- Able to generate detail and comprehensive First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR)
- Reviews and approves inspection/test data
- Maintenance of inspection records in accordance with company procedures
- Able to read and interpret internal and customer mechanical/electrical drawings, procedures and specifications
- Generate and assist in the corrective/preventive action process
- Understand and support the Quality Management System
- And other duties as required
Education Required (or):
- High School graduate, or equivalent
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Inspector (CQI)
- Four (4) years of manufacturing experience
- Must be able to communicate (read and write) in English
- Must use or be trainable in the use of basic measuring tools (caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Basic four function mathematics
- Must not be color blind, nor non-correctable vision impaired
- Computer usage.
Tools or Equipment Used:
- May use tooling, gages, test and measuring equipment as required by work instructions
Must be capable of walking, sitting, standing, climbing and routinely lifting up to twenty pounds.
Reasonable accommodations will be afforded individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities of this position.
Standard office and Manufacturing Production Line environment.