A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read basic prints.
- Experience with basic Quality Instruments; calipers, micrometers, height gauge, gage pins, and go/no-go gages
- Plastics experience preferred.
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
The current opening is on the 12 Hour Night Shift. Work hours are 7:00pm to 7:00am under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform dimensional verification activities per the Part Inspection Standard
- Perform visual verification activities per the Part Inspection Plan
- Perform 1st Piece and In-Process Inspection activities
- Perform 1st Piece activities After Significant Events (ASE)
- Releases unique serial numbers following the successful execution of the Part Inspection Standard
- Assists Operations with the documentation and handling nonconforming products
- Performs Layered Process Audit (LPA) activities
- Assists the Quality Engineer with the improvement of Part Inspection Standards and Metrology Methods
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment
- Maintains 1st Piece approval samples
- Documents verification activities and communicates quality plan failures (out-of-tolerance or out-of-control conditions)
- Manage all gauging methods (storage, retrieval, calibration status, and physical condition) used in the Part Inspection Standard
- Assist Quality Engineers in the calibration and verification of equipment