II-VI Aerospace & Defense designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Aerospace & Defense has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
In support of, and under limited supervision of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Inspector 3 can understand and apply the principles and several of the techniques which make up the body of knowledge recognized by those who are experts in Inspection. This body of knowledge and applied technologies include, but are not limited to: The use of various Inspection Tools and Equipment, Inspection Planning and Technology, Blueprint Reading, Understanding Materials and Processes, Statistical Quality Control methods, Statistics, Sampling and Sampling Plans, Quality Audit concepts and principles, Systems Test, Packaging requirements for Commercial Optics, Training techniques. The Inspector 3 has the responsibility for the action required for:
1) Providing technical assistance for understanding quality standards and solutions for manufacturing quality problems.
2) Evaluating the quality capability of processes and proving quality maintenance throughout Production.
3) Assuring the quality level of the finished product, purchased materials and components are commensurate with Exotic Electro Optics' requirements and customer expectations.
4) Performing the actual physical operations of inspection, test and SPC required to provide quality control and assurance.
5) Appraising the quality plan for inspection and contributing to its continuing effectiveness.
6) Providing leadership, technical assistance and training to lower level Optical Inspectors and other departments.
7) Plan / Order packaging material for commercial product.
8) Planning and scheduling of work load. Pulls pack slips and sign off on commercial product.
High School education. Ability to issue general communications and write inspection instructions that are grammatically correct. Basic knowledge of mathematics including geometry and trigonometry.
4 to 8 years of experience in one or more branches of Quality Control, Quality Assurance or optical manufacturing.
1. Operates Laser Marker, uses calipers, micrometers, torque wrenches, hand tools, height gauges, test plates, calculators, electronic gauges, light sources, interferometers, autocollimators, personal computers and test equipment for various products.
2. Operational planning and scheduling of work load, Receiving inspection and test, In-process inspection, Final Inspection, Final test, First Article inspection, Engineering support, Quality records maintenance, Training personnel, Customer Return Evaluation, Material Review support.
3. Skills in inspection, writing, interpersonal communications, and Statistical Methods necessary to perform the above functions, duties and responsibilities.
"II-VI Aerospace & Defenseis an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."