Responsible for the inspection of items manufactured or procured for use as a contracted end item. Inspection includes the use of inspection tools and instruments to demonstrate compliance to specifications, and inspection by attributes for workmanship as well as confirmation of all appropriate documentation. Generally, this position requires a higher level experience in lot traceability and reviewing certifications and process paperwork.
Primary Job Duties:
1. update quality assurance procedures, practices and systems to ensure an effective function in line with all requirements
2. monitor and administer individual and team development plans and ensure all activities are completed to deadline.
3. monitor post-observation action plans and respond to any training requirements arising.
Secondary Job Duties
1. Responsible for the inspection of materials, parts, processes and final products, and documentation of the results.
2. Inspects close tolerance items using non-computerized inspection equipment, procedures and set-ups. Reviews paperwork accompanying inspected items for appropriateness and completeness. GD&T required
3. Performs First Article, in-process and final inspection.
4. Prepares and files all required quality documentation and records for inspection area.
5. Responsible for the continuous improvement of the position and department.
6. Performs other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned.
1. Three years related experience in inspection and quality assurance in precision parts production. Able to read drawings. Understanding of geometric tolerances and dimensioning.
2. Able to use all inspection hand tools (calipers, etc) This is a REQUIRED SKILL SET. Knows quality assurance processes and set-ups.'
3. Must be self-motivated and capable of working with limited supervision.
4. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively with others and be able to use good judgment. Must be flexible regarding position duties and hours.