Ingenium Technologies - Los Angeles, CA 91355
Additional Job Postings: http://www.ingeniumtech.com/tech_staffing/
A large military aerospace contractor is currently seeking a Quality Manager to build, lead, and improve a quality engineering organization and for the development and implementation of quality improvement strategies as well as the continuous improvement of quality systems and business processes that support a site or multiple small sites.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Accountable for coordination and integration of quality assurance processes and procedures which may include the following areas: Government and Regulatory compliance, Customer Quality Compliance, and internal quality procedural compliance
Drives robust Quality culture through continuous systemic improvements
Establishes and executes site level strategic quality plan to meet business objectives and customer expectations. Supports business group level strategic quality plan
Develops and holds staff accountable for quality metrics that enable evaluation of progress to the site strategic plan and goals
Develops a highly effective and well skilled technical staff and support the site regarding implementation of APQP, LEAN, process capability/First Pass Yield and continuous improvement initiatives while supporting the maintenance of an effective Six Sigma System
Interact with customers, potential customers, regulatory bodies through presentation and communication of the Quality Management System and quality strategies to meet or exceed customer expectations while providing advocacy
Accountable for effective Root Cause and Corrective Action within the site or business area/value streams for escapes (internal or customer) and ensures an effective internal and external corrective action process (timely and effective closures of Corrective Action Requests - CAR's)
Report customer and internal quality metrics to management and other business segments as needed. Drives with site or Business Group leadership, corrective action and problem solving to accelerate improvements
Stay abreast of current quality and regulatory trends and methodologies in the applicable industry and utilize this information for developing proactive strategies and readiness
Provides direction, development and performance management of direct reports
Develop and maintain an appropriate quality organization to support the successful adherence to the QMS and the transformation process. Accountable to manage quality resources to meet the financial plan
Required Software: MS Office Applications
- 10-15 Years quality engineering, program management, engineering, and/or operations leadership in a aerospace and defense manufacturing environment
- 10 Years of experience working with quality management systems with solid understanding of quality management systems, process approach, and continuous improvement methods and tools required
- 10 Years of proven leadership capability for collaborating with internal and external customers toward continuous improvement required
- Experience with APQP and process capability improvement required
- Program management and new product launch leadership experience desired
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or a technical field required
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or equivalent data based problem solving required. Blackbelt preferred
- Nationally recognized quality certification desired, American Society of Quality, Certified Quality Manager, Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Reliability Engineer, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Position: Direct Hire
Travel: 20% domestic and international required
Compensation: Exempt, Highly Competitive with Benefits
Location: Los Angeles, CA 91355
Employment Criteria: This position includes access or potential access to ITAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Employment Statement: Ingenium Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Proof of eligibility for employment will be required upon employment.
Due to the requirements of the Customer, No Visa sponsorship is available.
Manufacturing Quality Manager