QUALITY MANAGER Flexible Packaging
Our client is looking for a Quality Manager with Flexible Packaging experience, who has experience in both Quality Systems and TQM for their operation in High Point, NC.
KEY REQUIREMENTS Include:
- 10+ years of experience in both Quality Systems and TQM
- 5+ years of experience in a Quality Leadership role.
- 3+ years of experience in Flexible Packaging
- Proven skills in Statistical Process Control and TQM practice.
- Six Sigma experience
- Knowledge of quality assurance concepts and procedures in an ISO and FDA environment.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make quick and appropriate decisions.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of manufacturing systems and solid working knowledge of processes and products.
- Thorough understanding of quality principles and techniques. CQE/ CQM/ CQA certifications beneficial.
- Well-developed people management skills; able to delegate authority and provide guidance, direction, goals, feedback and discipline.
- Well-developed database and spreadsheet experience.
- TRAVEL: Up to 25% travel (to customers)
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Technology, Science or Mathematics.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
Responsibility for Quality for the plant, including:
- Manage nonconformities and Quality System including:
- Review in-process quality failures and determine the disposition of nonconforming materials.
- Correspond with customers and suppliers to resolve problems.
- Lead root cause investigations through to effective long-term resolutions.
- Collect & analyze performance data /charts against set indicators / parameters.
- Define and implement quality initiatives and programs that result in consistently meeting company quality goals, objectives and KPIs.
- Promote quality achievement & outperformance improvement
- Develop and implement appropriate in-process quality inspection plans using effective, cost-conscious methods.
- Identify quality-related training needs & train plant employees.
- Coordinate, communicate, and host customer and ISO certification audits.
- Plans, directs and controls Company quality assurance functions
- Evaluates production and product problems related to quality.
- Checks quality rejected material to identify quality problems.
- Leads quality meeting to determine a disposition of material on hold.
- Visits Customers. Confers with customers on quality issues.
- Periodically conducts quality audits of plant operations.
- Participates in customer audits and implements changes to meet customer requirements.
- Plans and conducts on-site audits of suppliers facilities.
- Acts as the Change Control Manager for the site.