Quality Plant Manager
Location = Oshkosh WI 54904
Full time perm – direct hire
Salary – DOE up to $112K +/-
- This is a high priority has been open since Dec 2018 – 4 interviews have taken place – no hires
- Relocation available for non local candidates
- Tenured team – this role can lean on tenured team for support on tech process/procedure – must have strong leadership people skills
- Quality experience and knowledge preferred - will consider Production Manager, Plant Manager, Value Stream Manager, and other industries
- Willing to flex on Quality Management and will consider someone that has regulatory background, operations management, and is not a quality expert but has knowledge or exposure.
- Leadership – people skills a must – plant leadership – lots of hands-on on the floor = people leadership most important over technical/quality
- Quality background of some sort is required but second to leadership abilities
- # of people reporting to this person = 18, 5 salary and 13 hourly consists of Quality Assurance and Quality Techs
- Any SAP exp is a plus – 3 legacy systems, JDEdwards, or any SAP
- QMS = ??
- Six Sigma – preferred and willing to obtain within 6 months of hire
- ASQ CQE – American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer or ASQ CMQ/QE = preferred (will assist candidate in obtaining certs = reimbursement)
- 2nd Largest plant
- Complete manufacturing process is done at this location from raw material to completed product ready to ship to client.
- every manufacturing process is done at this location
- culture = umbrella culture – collaborative – team oriented
Quality Manager- Plant Quality Manager is the quality advocate for the plant, providing leadership for the quality and food safety systems and programs.
- Key drivers are assuring compliance to specifications on incoming materials, in-process conditions and finished products.
- The Plant Quality Manager also assures the ongoing reduction of quality attribute variation utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology to improve the acceptance of our products by our customers. In addition, Plant Quality Managers must serve as the point of contact with customers when product quality exceptions occur.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
o Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
o Provide hands-on management of the elements of the Quality Management System. These include quality action plans, customer complaints and internal holds, standard work, audit processes, document control, test methods, and quality test equipment. Ensure training is conducted for quality management system elements.
o Ensure plant systems are tied into corporate standards via reviews and audits
o Generate scorecards and reports for all aspects of plant quality, not limited to and including VOC, CARs, SCARs, COAs, SPC reporting, losses, internal, and third party & customer audits.
o Ensure the food safety management system is established, implemented, maintained and updated per FSSC 22000 requirements.
o Conducts advanced statistical analysis and process capabilities for process and product quality.
o Independently manages customer interactions as it relates to product or service quality
o Identify, define and promote awareness of customer requirements for the plant.
o Manages and trains the activities of the Quality Team including the lab/quality technicians.
o Actively participates and leads teams in support of continuous improvement initiatives and establish a CI culture.
o Active member of the plant leadership team.
WHAT WE VALUE
o Must have effective communication skills to execute quality programs and communicate with employees at all levels of the plant.
o Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make quick and appropriate decisions.
o Collaboration and Influencing
o Strong Customer Service Focus
o Strong Team Leadership with ability to manage, coach, and develop people, talent and skills.
o Demonstrate Energy, Empowerment and Execution
o Lives Bemis Core Values and leads by example
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
o Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other Technical discipline.
o ASQ CMQ/QE or ASQ CQE certification strongly preferred.
o 7-10 years of manufacturing industry experience to include positions in both quality QA/QC and Operations/Production.
o 2-3 years of demonstrated achievement in a Quality Leadership position.
o Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or willingness to obtain such certification is required.
o Must have a thorough understanding of common Quality and Problem Solving tools such as Statistical Analysis, DOE, Pareto charts and Histograms
o Demonstrated project management experience
o Strong proficiency in PC-based tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook required. Previous ERP experience a plus.
For more information or further consideration on this opportunity please contact Donny Yoshida, Kelly Engineering Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.