The Quality Manager is responsibilities for establishing, maintain and monitor adherence to the quality assurance system including: quality standards, inspection, test methods and procedures for the organization. Determine and recommend necessary inspection and test equipment required for incoming, in-process, and final product inspections. Establish and oversee various inspection and test procedures. Establish and coordinate the assembly of records necessary for quality control tracking, including charts, statistical analysis and reports. Plan work with direct reports, assist in determining causes for non-conforming materials and components, quality system failures, process scrap or rework. Work with department supervisors/managers to resolve quality problems.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain policy for documentation of all products
- Reviews documentation before being sent to external customers
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams
- Anticipates, to the extent possible, program release problems and takes corrective action to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Escalates issues to the Director of Operations and Director of Quality as needed
- Drive a data based proactive quality culture in the plant
- Evaluate, and oversee the monitoring of gages and measuring devices to detect non-conforming product
- Ongoing observation of all in-process manufacturing levels and evaluation of their adherence to good and established quality standards
- Constant evaluation, analysis, and continuous improvement of the present quality assurance system and procedures
- Maintain history of records associated with listing agencies (CSA, IAPMO, and U.L.)
- Form teams for analyzing corrective actions for defective materials
- Determine disposition of scrap and/or rework
- Prepare Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) paperwork for customers
- Develop and supervise quality technician and quality auditors on a daily basis
- Coordinate efforts with suppliers to support new product development efforts and improvements with existing products
- Maintain Non-Conforming Material Review (NCMR) database for supply base
- Follow up on safety procedures to prevent employee injury
- Maintain good employee relations and communications
- Performs other related duties as needed and assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Science in Degree and 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance (metal working industry preferred) or High School Diploma and 10 years’ experience in the metal working industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships, while working collaboratively with cross-functional business teams
- Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines
- Ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence and initiative without daily interaction with management
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite
- Should be familiar with fundamental State and Federal laws regarding employment including but not limited to: EEO, Discrimination, FLSA, OSHA, Workers Compensation, Harassment and FMLA
- Must possess good planning, coaching, facilitating and coordinating skills
- Must have a passion for developing and making others successful
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- ASQ certification (CQT or CQE)
- Familiarity with the plumbing industry and products
- Five years minimum supervisory experience in a related field
BrassCraft Manufacturing Company
ShiftShift 1 (United States of America)
Full or Part TimeFull time
Masco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.