Title: Quality/Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Location: Dolgville, NY
Reports To: Ron Vander Groef
General Overview: Responsible for developing, modifying and implementing a method of analyzing data for the complete production plant from the raw materials to the finish product; including, testing, training, troubleshooting and corrective actions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Quality Assurance functions includes analysis of incoming raw materials, in-process and finished goods requirements including Gage R&R, capability analysis, control charts, ANOVA, etc. Provide feedback to management on the ongoing status.
- Assist in setting the Quality Plans, including sampling plans, SPC set up points, and documentation of work instructions. Provide feedback to management on the ongoing status.
- Assistance with the analysis of defective or dissatisfaction claims, including MLB, retail accounts and end-consumers.
- Initiating and following up on any Adirondack manufacturing-related NCRs, CAPAs, etc.
- Perform FMEAs, DOEs, and any additional root cause analysis to assure that product meets specification.
- Work along with the Continuous Improvement team, applying SPC and Lean techniques to decrease process variation and reduce costs.
- Assist manufacturing teams in developing new testing requirements, training for inspections, and assistance with any other new projects or additional tasks.
- Assist with developing product manufacturing specifications and quality standards based on new product requirements.
- Learn and understand the processes and processing equipment
- Assist with developing processes and recommend materials to ensure that quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met
- Conduct Time studies on manufacturing processes
- Maintain Bill of Material and Routings
- Assist with Troubleshooting manufacturing problems and recommend corrective action
- Manage bat profiles and changes
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education Required:
- Associate of Science in Quality Assurance Science/Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering Technology, or Engineering Science Technology
- 0-1 years' experience some intern experience helpful
- Wood or forestry knowledge is a strong plus.
- ISO 9001:2008/2015 or Quality Management System background.
- Knowledge of hands-on product and process testing.
- Ability to perform detailed measuring; ability to maintain the quality of work under stressful situation.
- Knowledge of common manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and process control analysis.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work with other departments.
- Computer skills Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and any data acquisition software such as Minitab, SQC Pack, Chart Runner, etc. Knowledge of JDE is a plus.
This position requires: Strong organizational skills, good verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to work in a demanding, dynamic environment where precision, quality and confidentiality is top priority.
Working Conditions: Office environment manufacturing and warehouse working environment, outdoor kiln and sawmill environment, and/or office environment.
Safety Hazards: Potential work hazards exist due to work environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as product specifications. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must have proven exceptional written presentation and verbal communication skills.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of statistics and algebra, and calculus.
Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job may require traveling to domestic customers and/or vendors. Also, will be required to travel to facilities within the Rawlings company locations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand and use hands requiring finger dexterity, and handling or working with equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing 5-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Employee will be required to hear telephone.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and/or duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the task listed in this job description.0