Quality Mart #39 - Associate/Cashier
3180 Peters Creek Parkway
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
Responsibilities: Quality Mart associates are responsible for providing the best overall service to all customers. This includes greeting all customers with a friendly and helpful attitude. The Associate will be responsible for monitoring the cash register, ringing up sales, requesting money for purchases, and giving back correct change. In addition to these duties associates will be trained to stock and organize the store area, remove trash as necessary, ensure that the store is clean for customers, and ensure a clean and manageable work area.
- Be able to read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth grade level.
- Be able to speak and understand the English language, including the ability to hear the spoken word.
- Be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the eighth grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check the identification and process money orders.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons, soft drinks, beer, juice containers, etc. at least once per shift.
- Be able to stock shelves and coolers.
- Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 20 pounds and moving it to the fire area.
- Be able to tolerate exposures to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
- Be able to climb ladder to clean windows.
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin.
- Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store.
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 32 degrees up to 15 minutes at a time.
- Have the ability to perform repetitive work accurately
Candidates can also submit resumes via email to John Hardy at email@example.com, please include position and location in subject.