Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate & driven Technical team member as the Quality Officer – Food Safety, who will be responsible for supporting manufacturing through the raw material quality control and plant hygiene.
Daily routines include sampling and assessing raw materials and utilising SAP to control the availability of materials to manufacturing. Analytical laboratory work along with sensory assessment of materials with a focus on food safety risks will be required.
Liaison with suppliers is an essential component of this role to ensure raw material specifications are met and to support operating efficiencies.
Key elements of the role:
- Administer site raw material control and release program – involving inspections, sampling, testing, review of external test results, raw material release/detainment in SAP and record keeping. Assess, communicate and manage non-conforming materials and the impact to manufacturing
- Raise and follow up Quality Notifications with suppliers to ensure appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken
- Support the site sanitation agenda, including the Environmental Monitoring Program, cleaning validation and verification, water testing etc to ensure the safe management of allergen and pathogen risks
- Maintain the laboratory area in a safe and organised manner (including stock-takes, safety audits/actions and equipment calibration)
- Support the site internal audit program
- Participate in NPD, CI or Quality projects
The ingredients to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in food science, microbiology or related field or relevant experience within a quality function in a food manufacturing facility (with a microbiology focus)b
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within the food manufacturing industry
- Familiarity with SAP highly desirable
- Strong Excel capability
- Investigation, analytical and problem-solving skills, showing attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP and Quality Management Systems
- Sound decision-making skills
- Ability to work within a team and able to operate independently
If this is ticking all your boxes and you’re excited by the prospect of joining our iconic company as we continue to build one of the world's most extraordinary food companies, apply now!
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.