|The United Network of US Oncology is a nationwide physician network focused on advancing cancer care |
at the community level. Blue Ridge Cancer Care has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Program Lead
located in beautiful Roanoke, Virginia.
|We extend an extremely competitive offering of benefits to employees, including Medical Health Care, |
Dental Care, Vision Plan, 401k, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness and Perks Program.
The Quality Practice Lead will have a holistic view of all practice quality programs in order to coordinate
effort, teams, changes, and timelines across the practice to assure program goals are aligned and met.
Initial programs targeted include:
- Meaningful Use (MU)
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
- Oncology Care Model (OCM)
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI)
- Merit based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Data Quality Alignment Program (DQAP)
- Any new programs with quality performance and measurement requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish and lead a Practice Quality Taskforce teaming with a Physician Champion to assure alignment
and action on goals, changes, performance, teams, and timelines
• Ability to analyze data, identify deficiencies, and generate an action plan to resolve those deficiencies
• Participation in MSH led forum calls for Quality Programs & share key points with practice leadership and care teams
• Generate and archive documentation required for audit purposes for Quality Programs
• Assure completion of all required data submission and documentation of participation in Quality Programs
(i.e., attestation for MU, data submission for PQRS, quality reporting for OCM and QOPI)
• Participation in MU Security Risk Assessment
• Participation in MU Audit or other program audit requests
• Assure all program timelines and deadlines are met across multiple programs targeted at alignment, oversight, & planning
• Good leadership skills with the ability to affect change with both clinical and administrative leaders/staff within the practice
• Good communication skills and ability to simplify complex programs to practice stakeholders
• Knowledge of current workflows with all EHR’s within the practice preferred
• Knowledge of current workflows with the Practice Management System preferred
• Strong organization and planning skills (detail oriented & timeline driven)
• Team player with ability to lead and influence multidisciplinary teams on complex programs
• Ability to identify the right resource at the right time and delegate tasks across multiple programs
• At least ten years business management and/or quality related work experience required, five years healthcare
management and supervisory experience including coaching, developing, and managing staff.
• Minimum of three years demonstrated project management experience and application of best practices
across multiple complex programs. Proven systems, organization, quality program development, and
implementation experience. Application of Six Sigma and or Lean methodologies highly desired.
• Experience in team building and training/education required. Strong oral and written communication skills a must.
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a Healthcare related field or equivalent required.
• Experience in disease management and/or advanced care planning is preferred. Proficiency in
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand and talk or hear. Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires
standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment may include exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation,
medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment. Work may
require minimal travel by air or automobile, approximately 15% of workweek.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
GL Coding (BU & Site): 56888 – 8880
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.